Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DIY Personalized To-Go Tumbler


My friend’s birthday is today.  For me to say that she loves coffee is a total understatement.  She works at Caribou Coffee and if she doesn’t make a drink from home to bring, she’ll pick up Starbucks on her way to class.  I came across the cutest personalized to-go tumblers here and knew this would be a perfect gift for her.  So, I made one to give her and wanted to share! (I can’t wait to make another one for myself!)
Supplies:

Double-walled to-go tumbler (This one is Copco from Walmart)
Vinyl Sticker Letter (Hobby Lobby) *You can also use a Cricut if you have one
Assorted rhinestones & plastic shapes (Hobby Lobby)
Ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
Glue – I changed to Mod Podge (Hobby Lobby) glue at the last minute **I didn’t use the glue gun Styrofoam plate to put glue on
Tweezers to grab, glue, & place embellishments


Directions:



Happy Birthday Amanda! xoxo
I hope you like your new iced caramel macchiato to-go tumbler :)


7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable. I would love to do this for my bridesmaids. Can they be washed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They would be great bridesmaids gifts! They can definitely be gently hand washed - I would keep them away from the dishwasher because of the material of the tumbler and I also wouldn't want the rhinestones falling off!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Simple! I bought the square "A" sticker at Hobby Lobby. The "A" was in the middle of a front piece of plastic and a white backing. First, I trimmed the black boarder off and around the "A" to where I wanted it to fit on the tumbler. Next,I peeled off the white backing, lined up the "A" where I wanted it, stuck it on, and rubbed it a little just to make sure it stayed. Last, I peeled off the front plastic piece and was left with the black "A."

      Delete
  3. Such a great idea. I've looked for many DIY personalized tumblers and your's seems the easiest by far. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I was searching, I didn't find any great tutorials, so I decided to wing it and share!

      Delete
  4. WOW! These tumblers are awesome Beth! I need to pull put my vinyl more...that is one thing I haven't done in a long time! Your project is awesome and I am sure they will love these! Great gift idea, no doubt!
    Click here personalized tumblers and find more article.

    personalized tumblers


    ReplyDelete